Work with GOOGLE as Research Analyast. Go to Job Openings for details.

Talent Management

Thursday, January 6, 2011

GLSV again failed!!!!!! fourth failure in seven attempts! WHY IS INDIA UNABLE TO PRODUCE WORLD CLASS PROFESSIONALS ANY MORE?

For people who have not followed the earlier post : GSLV again failed!!!!!! fourth failure in seven attempts


I am apologetic for not continuing with this post. I have provided with various links of articles on the Failure of our prestigious space program, the launch of GSLV. GSLV Failure



Actually many people could not identify with the incident. I will not get into the technical snag that the scientists are claiming for the failure of GSLV the 4th time but the more serious issue that results into many such failures in different fields and departments across which are equally prestigious.

Here, I am talking about Talent Management at the very initial stage i.e. our home, our family, our society, our upbringing. Before going ahead I would like to cite you with some real time incidents in my life and experiences that my friends have shared with me that led me to ponder in this context.

As you all know that I have been into HR throughout so it’s obvious that I have sit through so many interviews and talked to so many professionals on their career point of view. I have interviewed hundred and thousands of fresher’s in my career, mostly BE/BTech/MCA fresher’s. Upon asking about why have they chosen this field to pursue their career with, approx 95% of the time there was a reply like “it’s a booming industry” or “ scope is very good” or “my brothe/sister/cousin is also a software engg” and many similar kinds of replies. I am not blaming my dear fresh crops because when I was also in the similar phase of life, even I could not think of any wise answer to such questions.

Next incident is very funny one and it happened when I was very young and had gone to railway reservation counter for reservation for the first time. I asked the person on the counter who was giving out the forms about some clarification on the form filling and he said “I am from Quota and I don’t have any idea”. Quota here means Employment Reservation Quota.

One of my friend is an IAS aspirant and whenever he gets into conversation regarding his aspiration with anybody whether an IAS retd., an IAS, an IAS aspirant or even a fellow commuter, everybody in one voice says, “Good! Once you are through, life is cool with power and money”. No doubt why we never blink an eye whenever the news flashes on corruption by any IAS officer!

I think now you all can identify with similar kinds of incidents that certainly would have occurred around you.

What do all these incidents indicate? These indicate the reasons for our failures:-

  • ·         Failure of GSLV launch the 4th time.
  • ·         Failure to curb rampant corruption
  • ·         Failure to control internal and external militancy
  • ·         Failure in solving Arushi’s murder mystery
  • ·         Failure to check frauds like Satyam fiasco
  • ·         Failure to make a mark in sports other than cricket
  • ·         Failure
  • ·         Failure
  • ·         Failure
Ultimately, again the Failure to Produce World Class professionals in India. It would be unfair if I would say that we don’t produce the species at all but considering our civilization history and the population size that we boast and the it can be considered a Failure.

1 comment:

  1. I can very well recognize myself with this article because i have just passed through this procees of interview where they ask why have you chosen this career and my answer also used to be typical like of those you have mentioned. Its true that lack of right training to freshers for chosing one's career path has made it really tough for them to face even some obvious questions.
    Great article. Looking forward for more such articles. All the best!

    ReplyDelete